If you think you know all there is to know about tooth decay, then it’s time to find out! The more you know about tooth decay, the better, especially because it can help you prevent and immediately treat cavities, which can improve your chances of having the top-notch oral health you deserve. So, our dentist, Dr. Steven Grossman, encourages you to test your tooth decay knowledge by taking the following tooth decay quiz:
1. True or False: Tooth decay is caused by plaque, sugar and carbohydrates.
2. True or False: Tooth decay can be prevented by keeping up on oral hygiene, attending your regular checkups and having a healthy and balanced diet.
3. Tooth decay can be treated with:
A. Root canal therapy
B. A dental filling
C. A dental crown
D. Tooth extraction
E. All of the above
4. True or False: Tooth decay can spread to infect the inner surfaces of the tooth and the surrounding teeth.
5. True or False: Tooth decay cannot be reversed.
5. B (The very early stages of the cavity, like when the enamel is just started to soften, can be reversed. But the later stages cannot be.)
Call Kingston Dental Associates today at 845-DENTIST if you have any questions or if you would like to know more. Our dental team will be happy to give you the information and details you need about tooth decay in Kingston, New York, so please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to helping you!