Following the extraction of a tooth, or the extraction of multiple teeth, our dentists will provide you with instructions on how to ensure the area heals properly. Dr. Grossman, Dr. Grossman, Dr. Sobler, Dr. Milton, Dr. Drescher or Dr. Kim will also review these instructions with you before your procedure. For more information about post-tooth extraction instructions in Kingston, New York, and to set up your consultation with our dentists, call Kingston Dental Associates today at 845-DENTIST.
Following your extraction procedure, there will be a healing period of one to two weeks. You will experience some swelling and discomfort for the first 48 hours after your treatment.
Our dentists recommend that you:
- Do not chew for two hours, or until the anesthetic from your procedure wears off.
- Use an ice pack to decrease swelling.
- Do not touch the extraction site.
- Do not drink through a straw.
- Do not rinse, swish or spit vigorously.
- Try to avoid sneezing violently or blowing your nose.
- Do not rinse your mouth the day of surgery.
- Do not use tobacco products for at least several days after the procedure.
- Avoid strenuous activities for 24 hours, and keep your head elevated. Rest as much as possible during this time.
- Maintain a “soft” diet for 48 hours.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office and speak with a member of our team.