Dr. Grossman, Dr. Grossman, Dr. Sobler, Dr. Milton, Dr. Drescher and Dr. Kim will provide specific instructions on how to care for your mouth following the removal of your wisdom teeth. Please follow these guidelines as closely as possible to aid in the healing process and promote excellent results. If you have any questions about our post-wisdom teeth removal instructions in Kingston, New York, or to schedule a consultation or follow-up appointment with our dentists, call Kingston Dental Associates at 845-DENTIST.
Immediately following your surgery:
- Keep the gauze over the surgical site in place for 30 minutes. You may remove and discard it after this time.
- Do not rinse the area or touch it following surgery.
- Take all medications and antibiotics and prescribed.
- Rest the day of the surgery, and avoid strenuous activities or exercise. You may resume normal activity when you feel comfortable.
- You will likely experience some swelling. You may use ice packs over the side of your face where the surgery was performed to reduce this swelling.
- Maintain a soft diet. Drink liquids initially, and do not use a straw. You may eat soft foods if you chew away from your surgical sites.
- Make sure to stay hydrated.
You can expect slight bleeding or oozing and redness in the saliva for a short time following your procedure. If you are bleeding excessively, place a gauze pad for the area and bite down for 30 minutes, repeating as necessary. You may also use a moistened tea bag. Stay calm, sit upright and avoid exercise. If bleeding does not subside, contact our office.
If you have any questions about your post-op instructions after your wisdom teeth removal, please contact our office.