After receiving dentures, you will need to meet with our dentists regularly to ensure that your appliance continues to fit properly and function correctly. During your denture exam and maintenance visit, we will examine your appliance as well as your mouth to make sure that your dentures are still providing you with the best results and make any necessary repairs or adjustments. For more information about denture exams and maintenance, and to make an appointment with Dr. Steven Grossman and associates, contact Kingston Dental Associates at 845-DENTIST.
During your appointment, we will check on the following aspects of your denture and your oral health:
- Your annual oral exam – this allows us to diagnose and treat any developing problems as early as possible. Early detection of dental problems is often the key to successfully treating the issue.
- A medical and dental history update – if you have a medical or dental condition or are using any medications, it could affect the fit of your dentures.
- Tissue and bone assessment – poorly fitted dentures may cause changes to your bone and tissue. You may also find that the fit of your dentures changes over time due to various factors that affect your bone and soft tissues.
- The comfort, fit and integrity of your dentures – poorly fitting dentures can cause bite problems, speech impediments, tissue irritations and other problems. Our dentists will check for these issues so that we can address them as soon as possible.
- Oral hygiene – maintaining good oral hygiene is always important, and helps to keep your mouth healthy and your dentures in good condition.
If you have any questions, or to schedule your denture exam and maintenance appointment with our experienced dentists, please contact our office today.